PGB Trust & Investments of Delaware
The State of Delaware offers individuals and businesses a unique climate for protecting and perpetuating wealth. Delaware has a long-standing tradition of being a trust-friendly jurisdiction, with a court system that is highly responsive to the needs of trustees and beneficiaries, and a legislature that is continually refining and updating trust laws. PGB Trust & Investments is proud to introduce PGB Trust & Investments of Delaware, a subsidiary of Peapack-Gladstone Bank established to help our trust and investment clients find the most efficient way to protect and perpetuate their assets and maximize the amount they are able to pass onto their heirs, all with the greatest possible flexibility.
The Delaware Advantage
The State of Delaware is a premier trust jurisdiction that offers many advantages for individuals, families and businesses. Delaware trusts offer a wide range of benefits, provide confidentiality and security, and the investment flexibility and cost savings needed to help maximize investment potential.
- Directed Trusts - Delaware law facilitates the use of third-party Investment and Distribution Advisors through its Directed Trustee statute. This allows the management of a trust to be tailored specifically to individual needs.
- Confidentiality - Delaware courts are sensitive to a grantor's right to confidentiality and do not require court filings, and Delaware law permits a grantor to restrict beneficiary access to information under certain circumstances.
- Spendthrift Trusts - Delaware's Spendthrift Trust statute provides significant protection from creditors' claims.
- Tax Advantages - Delaware trusts may confer lawful tax benefits under certain circumstances.
- Dynasty Trusts - Delaware permits the creation of Dynasty trusts that allow assets to pass to succeeding generations on a perpetual basis.
- Total Return Trusts - Delaware was the first state to enact a law that permits the use of investment opportunities that align the interests of the income and remainder beneficiaries.
The advantages of Delaware law can be enjoyed by trusts that are initially created under Delaware law, as well as existing trusts created under the laws of another jurisdiction. Existing trusts, in most cases, can be moved to Delaware in order to better fulfill a Settlor’s intent and the interests of beneficiaries. By moving a trust to Delaware clients may be able to:
- Rely on an extensive and trust-friendly body of law
- Individually tailor the management of a trust though the use of Investment Advisors, Distribution Advisors and/or Trust Protectors
- Amend a problematic irrevocable trust under Delaware’s Decanting Statute
- Obtain effective creditor protection for beneficiaries
- Take advantage of lawful tax benefits under certain circumstances
- Minimize fees and administrative costs
At PGB Trust & Investments, we believe in client relationships that last for generations, and as with all of our offices, PGB Trust & Investments of Delaware can help clients preserve what they’ve earned and acquired in the most efficient and effective way. We invite you to learn more today by speaking with any one of our Wealth Advisors:
Lisa K. Berry, CTFA, Vice President and Private Wealth Advisor • (302) 255-1506
Montchanin Corporate Center, 20 Montchanin Road, Suite 201, Greenville, DE 19807
Office Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
John M. Bonk, First Vice President and Director of Wealth Management
Bedminster, NJ • (908) 719-3318
Stephen M. Kozuch, First Vice President and Co-Director of Wealth Management
Bedminster, NJ • (908) 719-3314
Michael T. Tormey, JD, CFP®, Vice President and Private Wealth Advisor
Morristown, NJ • (908) 306-8816
Securities and mutual funds are not FDIC insured, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Peapack-Gladstone Bank, and may involve investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Information provided for educational purposes only. This should not be relied upon as tax and/or investment advice. We encourage you to consult your personal legal, tax or financial advisors for information specific to your situation.