Quadrant Capital Management
SEC Registered Investment Adviser
A Subsidiary of Peapack-Gladstone Bank
The Quadrant Story
At the heart of everything we do at Quadrant is a deep personal relationship with each client. It is this relationship, based on trust and the free flow of information and ideas, which empowers us to provide thoughtful, complete, and individualized advice. Growing out of our deep knowledge of your situation, your circumstances, and your preferences, we will work to help you maximize the opportunities that having wealth creates, while devising tailored strategies to protect your wealth.
We offer sophisticated financial analyses across a broad range of issues. At the same time, we recognize these are only tools toward the pursuit of your family’s long term well-being. We view ourselves as stewards of your family’s assets, giving you the freedom to focus on what you love and what you value most highly.
As a boutique firm, we continuously cultivate strong relationships that evolve as your life changes. Quadrant is not just a company; we are a group of people with families, careers, and aspirations, and like our clients, understand the importance of being able to focus on these most important items. So, ultimately, we measure our success on our ability to help you achieve peace of mind in all financial matters.
Quadrant Capital Management partners with affluent individuals and families to grow and protect their assets. We listen to our clients so that we can provide disciplined investment management and well-honed financial planning strategies that meet their unique needs. Our experienced professionals provide independent, objective advice, delivered with the highest level of service. Our success is measured by the long term relationships we develop with clients and the achievement of clients’ goals.
Managing Your Money
At Quadrant, we believe that the goal of managing your money is to help you achieve your unique objectives.
These are our core investment principles:
- In-house expertise: We believe that you deserve direct access to the people making decisions about your portfolio. We are responsible for these decisions; we do not view our primary role as hiring outside money managers for you.
- Stewardship: We believe our fiduciary obligation to you is paramount. One of the ways we demonstrate that we act in your best interest is by investing our own funds just as we do yours.
- Strategic asset allocation: We believe that allocating funds among stocks, bonds, real estate, commodities, cash and other assets is a key driver of portfolio returns—and of portfolio risks.
- Diversification: We believe that diversification both among and within asset classes can both enhance returns and reduce portfolio volatility.
- Active management: We believe that security selection matters. Our primary investment vehicles are individual stocks and bonds. We believe that active management provides an opportunity for superior risk-adjusted returns over full market cycles.
- Risk management: We believe that managing portfolio risks supersedes maximizing capital appreciation or income generation.
- Tactical positioning: We believe that markets, at times, present unusual risks or opportunities, and we will at times make modest changes to strategic asset allocations to reflect our perception of risks and opportunities.
- Rebalancing: We believe prudent portfolio management includes rebalancing portfolios to maintain your asset allocation.
- Tax sensitivity: We believe that awareness of your particular tax position is a critical input into your portfolio construction. At the same time, investment considerations trump tax considerations.
- Investment horizon: We believe individual investors have an advantage of time: we are long term investors, not traders.
- Discretion: We believe we can optimize management of your portfolio by executing trades on your behalf.
- Quality: We believe that focusing on higher quality securities lowers portfolio risk.
Planning Your Future
Quadrant’s advisory services consist of four key and interconnected offerings: managing your money, planning your future, navigating risks, and designing your legacy.
We believe deeply that a thoughtful, well designed plan is critical to assuring a successful financial future. Our team of Certified Financial Planners – CFP ® – works closely with you to establish and monitor your plan. And a financial plan is always a work in progress – it needs to change as your life, your goals, and your circumstances change.
Quadrant adheres to the six-step financial planning process:
- Establish financial goals and objectives
- Gather data
- Process and analyze information
- Recommend a comprehensive financial plan
- Implement the plan
- Monitor the plan
Numerous issues will arise as you navigate your future. We have deep expertise in these areas:
- Executive compensation plans, including deferred compensation plans and stock options and restricted stock units
- Education planning
- Marital status: divorce, marriage
- Social Security optimization strategies
- Life events: job change, job loss, birth of a child, retirement
- Tax aware strategies
Even a well thought out plan needs to carefully identify, calculate and mitigate risks that could derail the plan. Some risks can be avoided; others can be mitigated. Quadrant does not sell insurance products, but we do advise clients on the adequacy and appropriateness of various insurance solutions, and we work closely with agents to achieve the appropriate protection.
Here are just some of the common risks to plans:
- Premature death
- Prolonged long term health care need
- Estate taxes
- Liability exposure (e.g. rental properties, professional liability)
- Concentrated stock positions
Designing Your Legacy
A well-designed financial plan will not only assure you a comfortable lifestyle, but will also afford you opportunities to create a durable legacy to benefit individuals and institutions of your choosing. Quadrant helps clients craft estate plans to meet their highly individualized family goals and philanthropic interests.
Quadrant works with clients to ensure that their estate plans are effective as well as appropriate. Our work may include:
- Review estate planning documents (e.g. wills, trusts, powers of attorney)
- Review how assets are titled to ensure consistency with overall plan
- Review beneficiary designations on non-probate property
- Implement strategies for maximizing use of gift and estate tax credits, and carefully consider any state gift and estate tax rules
- Explore lifetime gifting and estate-freeze strategies
- Explore sophisticated lifetime and generational wealth transfer strategies
- Using appreciated assets for gifts
- Donor advised funds
- Charitable trusts
- Private foundations
- Planned gifts
Quadrant Capital Management Leadership
Jeffrey Fisher, CFP® | Chairman | email@example.com | (973) 276-0831
Jeff Fisher is a co-founder of Quadrant Capital Management, who collaborates with clients to help them achieve their goals and manage risk. He manages the investment team to analyze economic and market data and set portfolio strategies and security selection.
Prior to founding Quadrant, Jeff was employed at JP Morgan, National Westminster Bank and Citibank, filling roles in private banking, trust, investment management and commercial lending.
Jeff has an MBA from the Columbia School of Business and a BA from Columbia College. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, a former board member of the New York and New Jersey chapters of the Financial Planning Association, and was the Education Director for the Financial Planning Association of New York. He is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
James E. Kearney, CFP®, CTFA | President and Chief Compliance Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | (973) 276-0832
Jim Kearney is a co-founder of Quadrant Capital Management. He helps clients and their families reach their retirement and legacy goals by providing comprehensive personal financial planning advice. By combining a forward looking strategy, a focus on details, and an awareness of risks, he has been successfully advising clients for over twenty years. Jim works closely with clients’ other advisors while coordinating their plan, leaving valuable time for clients to focus on their careers, families and leisure activities.
Prior to founding Quadrant, Jim worked in private banking at JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch and State Street Bank & Trust Company.
Jim has a BA from the University of Vermont and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Certified Trust and Financial Advisor. He is a past Chairman and President of the New Jersey chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). He is also a member of the American Bankers Association/Institute for Certified Bankers.
Quadrant Capital Management, LLC, (“Quadrant”) is an SEC registered investment adviser ( www.adviserinfo.sec.gov ) located in Fairfield, New Jersey. Quadrant and its representatives are in compliance with the current filing requirements imposed upon SEC registered investment advisers by those states in which Quadrant maintains clients. Quadrant may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Quadrant’s web site is limited to the dissemination of general information pertaining to its advisory services, together with access to additional investment-related information, publications, and links. Accordingly, the publication of Quadrant’s web site on the Internet should not be construed by any consumer and/or prospective client as Quadrant’s solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet. Any subsequent, direct communication by Quadrant with a prospective client shall be conducted by qualifying for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state where the prospective client resides, if Quadrant is not already a registered notice filer. For information pertaining to the registration status of Quadrant, please contact the SEC or the state securities law administrators for those states in which Quadrant maintains a notice filing. A copy of Quadrant’s current written disclosure statement discussing Quadrant’s business operations, services, and fees is available from Quadrant upon written request. Quadrant does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party, whether linked to Quadrant’s web site or incorporated herein, and takes no responsibility therefor. All such information is provided solely for convenience purposes only and all users thereof should be guided accordingly.
Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended or undertaken by Quadrant) or product made reference to directly or indirectly by Quadrant in its web site, or indirectly via a link to an unaffiliated third party web site, will be profitable or equal the corresponding indicated performance level(s). Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will either be suitable or profitable for a client or prospective client’s investment portfolio. Historical performance results for investment indices and/or categories generally do not reflect the deduction of transaction and/or custodial charges, the deduction of an investment management fee, nor the impact of taxes, the incurrence of which would have the effect of decreasing historical performance results.
Certain portions of Quadrant’s web site (i.e. newsletters, articles, commentaries, etc.) may contain a discussion of, and/or provide access to, Quadrant’s (and those of other investment and non-investment professionals) positions and/or recommendations as of a specific prior date. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions, such discussion may no longer be reflective of current position(s) and/or recommendation(s). Moreover, no client or prospective client should assume that any such discussion serves as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized advice from Quadrant, or from any other investment professional. Quadrant is neither an attorney nor an accountant, and no portion of the web site content should be interpreted as legal, accounting or tax advice.
To the extent that any client or prospective client utilizes any economic calculator or similar device contained within or linked to Quadrant’s web site, the client and/or prospective client acknowledges and understands that the information resulting from the use of any such calculator/device, is not, and should not be construed, in any manner whatsoever, as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from Quadrant, or from any other investment professional.
Each client and prospective client agrees, as a condition precedent to his/her/its access to Quadrant’s web site, to release and hold harmless Quadrant, its officers, directors, owners, employees and agents from any and all adverse consequences resulting from any of his/her/its actions and/or omissions which are independent of his/her/its receipt of personalized individual advice from Quadrant.
Rankings and/or recognition by unaffiliated rating services and/or publications should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results if Quadrant is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services, nor should it be construed as a current or past endorsement of Company by any of its clients. Rankings published by magazines, and others, generally base their selections exclusively on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized adviser. Rankings are generally limited to participating advisers.
©2017 Quadrant Capital Management. All rights reserved.
Although Quadrant Capital Management is a subsidiary of Peapack-Gladstone Bank, Quadrant Capital Management is not a bank, and is not an FDIC member. The investment accounts managed by Quadrant Capital Management are not FDIC insured.